If you’re looking into Private Duty or Private Pay home care services (care not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or your Insurance Plan), you may be confused about what services are available—not to mention what sort of care you need.
Our case managers and client service supervisors can answers most of your questions and help you create an affordable care plan based on your needs and resources.
Our services consist of two categories; skilled and non-skilled services.
- Skill services are those services performed by a Nurse (RN or LPN), Physical Therapist (PT or PTA), Occupational Therapist (OT or OTA), Speech Therapist (ST) and Medical Social Worker (MSW). In short these are professional licensed staff approved to provide services under the orders of a Medical Doctors. These services are most often covered by Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance companies but can also be ordered for private duty or private pay for those clients that are not covered by one of the mentioned a plans.
- Non-Skilled services are performed by Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and Home Health Aides (HHA). These services are covered on a very limited bases (Short Term) by Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance and only cover personal care unless you are on a waiver which may include homemaking, chores, and respite services. As a private duty / private paying client you may order the following services:
- Personal Care (PC): Bathing, Bed Bath, Grooming, Shaving, Shampoo, Dental Care, Skin Care, Dressing, Feeding, meal preparation, Change Adult Briefs or Adult Diapers, Assist with bedpan, Assist with urinal, Assist with commode, Reposition bed-bound clients, Assist with active range-of-motion activities, And many more based on client requests to Agency.
- Home Making (MK): Meal planning and preparation, Wash dishes, Light housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, cleaning client’s bathroom, kitchen maintenance, etc.), laundry, Make/change bed, Shopping, Errands, Grocery shopping, Pick-up Medications, And many more at client’s request with Agency.
- Respite Care (RC): Look after client while caregiver takes a break or runs errands.
- Companionship (CC): Social events and friend visits, Shopping and errands, Personal correspondence and memoirs, Prompts and reminders, Safety and security,
- Escort Services (ES): Accompany client to doctor visit or social event.
If you are interested in ordering Private Duty / Private Pay services please call the Agency for pricing.
If you are still unsure of what level of care is needed, how many hours or days make sense for your specific situation, or you have a loved one who is resistant to accepting help in his or her home, we offer FREE in-home Assessment Session to assist you selecting the type of services and amount of care that are best for your situation.